Required documents for renting a car:
- valid ID card or passport (foreigner), minimum age 21 years,
- driving licence (must have held for at least 2 years),
- a valid third proof of identity (e.g. employment contract, etc.),
- credit or debit card valid for at least 6 months after the end of the rental period,
- deposit (cash or blocked funds in bank account) for eventual vehicle damage.
Company or entrepreneur:
- valid extract from the Commercial Register of the Slovak Republic, not older than 2 months, trade license,
- valid ID and driving licence of the person who will use the vehicle, minimum age 21 years,
- notarised power of attorney for rental from the company's managing director in case the vehicle is rented by a person other than the managing director mentioned in the extract from the company's Commercial Register.
Rental prices include
- road tax and MTPL insurance
- accident insurance for vehicles to EU countries (deductibles according to vehicle class)
- vehicle crew insurance
- service work in authorised partner service centers within the Slovak Republic
- in the event of an accident, we take over the administrative handling of insurance claims
- a vignette for highways in Slovak Republic
- 24-hour ASA assistance services
Booking and cancellation conditions
- by submitting the reservation form, the renter agrees to the General Rental Terms and Conditions,
- for non-acceptance of the vehicle on the pick-up day, the renter will be charged a non-acceptance fee in the amount of 50% of the total rental price,
- in case of cancellation of the reservation less than 3 days before the handover of the vehicle, the renter will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the rental price, for cancellation of the reservation 3 days or more before the handover of the vehicle 25%, but not less than 30 Eur. If a new booking is made within 2 months of the first cancellation, the cancellation fee will be refunded to the renter in full.
Obligations of the vehicle owner
- The vehicle owner is obliged to sign a Car Rental Agreement with the renter before handing over the vehicle.
- The vehicle owner is obliged to hand over the vehicle to the renter in proper technical condition, which complies with the applicable road traffic regulations.
Obligations of the renter
- Sign a contract before renting a car.
- Get familiarised with the Rental terms and conditions and, if applicable, the terms and conditions specifically agreed in the Rental Agreement, and to ensure that he complies with.
- The renter must hold a valid driver's licence and ID card. The minimum age of both the driver and the renter is 21 years.
- Before signing a "Car Rental Agreement", renter must inform the car owner whether and where he intends to travel abroad.
- The renter is obliged to comply with the generally binding rules of road traffic when using the vehicle. Penalties for violation of these rules shall be borne by the renter at his own expense.
- Pay in advance the rental amount for the rental period and the deposit for car damages required by the car owner.
- The renter declares that he has been informed by the vehicle owner about the conditions of use and maintenance of the vehicle and that he is obliged to present the vehicle to the owner for the mandatory technical inspections.
- To prevent damage to the vehicle, check the condition, quantity and temperature of the coolant, the temperature and quantity of the engine oil, the condition and pressure of the tyres and all parts of the vehicle that are normally checked during vehicle operation. If the customer fails to maintain or inspect the vehicle and this negligence is the cause of the damage, the customer is liable to pay for the damage caused.
- Not to lend the vehicle to any person other than those specified in the Car Rental Agreement, not to participate in car races, not to tow another vehicle and not to repair parts of the vehicle that are sealed.
- Any additional driver must be reported to the vehicle owner and specified in the Car Rental Agreement.
- He shall also not carry out the carriage of persons and goods for third parties for a fee and shall not be entitled to lease the vehicle to a third party.
- Return the vehicle in a condition that corresponds to the vehicle's condition when it was handed over under the Agreement. Normal wear of the vehicle shall not affect the assessment of roadworthiness. The renter must return the vehicle with the same level of fuel in the tank as at the time of pick-up.
- The renter is obliged to provide at his own expense fuel and other refills, including minor repairs such as bulb replacement and puncture repair. The renter declares that it has been informed of the appropriate types of fuel and other refills to be used. The renter shall keep all receipts proving the use of petrol and other refills during the rental period and shall produce them for inspection at the request of car owner on car return.
- In case of gross soiling of the interior and exterior of the vehicle, the renter shall pay a fee to be determined by the car owner, up to a maximum of 100 Eur.
- In case of any damage to the rented car or participation in a traffic accident, report immediately to the Police authorities of the Slovak Republic, and within 2 hours of the occurrence of such an event notify also the car owner, who will determine the next course of action.
- At the end of the rental period, return the vehicle to the agreed location or extend the Renatl Agreement and pay the agreed rental fee.
- Failure to comply with the agreed conditions results in a claim for damages under the Commercial Code and the car owner is entitled to withdraw from the Rental Agreement.
These terms and conditions come into force on 01.01.2020.